The IM WipeMASSter product is designed as a compact, stand-alone hardware solution for sanitizing and erasing drive data for up to nine drives simultaneously at speeds exceeding 3GB/min.
The Wipe MASSter unit erases data from and sanitizes hard drives at speeds exceeding 3GB/Min for 9 drives simultaneously. Wipe out your drives in a fast mode or per DOD specs. Formatting is optional.
The WipeMASSter product is designed as a compact, stand-alone hardware solution to erase data and sanitize hard drives for up to nine drives simultaneously at speeds exceeding 3GB/min. The unit allows the user to perform high volume hard drive sanitizing operations using today’s P-ATA S-ATA and laptop hard drives with optional adapters. The WipeMASSter can erase data and sanitize drives in one pass or by following the strict DoD (Department of Defense) standard which requires eight passes in order to perform a reliable hard drive sanitizing operation. The WipeMASSter can erase data and sanitize hard drives of different sizes and models in the same operation. The WipeMASSter is also provided with an add-on option for formatting the sanitized drives.
- High Speed Wipe Operation: Data Sanitizing speeds can exceed 3GB/min.
- Sanitize Multiple Drives Simultaneously: Sanitize up to 9 drives simultaneously.
- Multiple Media Support: Supports P-ATA and S-ATA hard disk drives. Notebook drives and ATA compatible Flash devices are supported using ICS proprietary adapters.
- Multiple Sanitizing Modes: The WipeMASSter can erase data on drives in one pass or by following the strict DoD (Department of Defense) standard which requires seven passes.
- Partitions and Formats Drives: Drives can be automatically partitioned and formatted with the optional Format Add-On Option, eliminating the need to manually prepare a drive prior to usage.
- Sanitize Different Drive Models and Sizes: Simultaneously erase data using different drive models and sizes.
- 48-Bit Support: Provides 48-bit drive support to handle hard drives larger than 137GB.
- DCO and HPA: Provides the ability to erase hidden areas on hard-drives.
- Multiple User Defined Settings: This feature allows authorized users to store multiple user defined unit settings.
- Password Protected Settings: This feature protects the unit’s user defined settings from being changed by un-authorized users.
- Log Information: Detail operational event log information can be viewed or saved to Compact Flash.
- Upgradeable: Software upgrades can be easily performed using the unit’s supplied Compact Flash Card.
- eSATA Supports eSATA drives with the purchase of a SATA-to-eSATA data cable
The following Software features come standard with the IM WipeMASSter unit:
- HPA Option: The WipeMASSter unit supports sanitizing HPA areas. HPA is defined as a reserved area for data storage outside the normal operating file system. If an HPA area exists on a drive the WipeMASSter will clear and erase the HPA area.
- DCO Option: The WipeMASSter unit supports sanitizing DCO areas. DCO allows systems to modify the apparent features provided by a hard disk drive. If DCO is detected on the drive, the WipeMASSter will clear and erase the DCO area.
- WipeOut DoD: This function is designed to erase all data on disk drives. Sanitize up to 9 drives simultaneously at speeds greater than 3GB/min. WipeOut was designed to meet the U.S. Department of Defense specification DOD 5220-22M regarding the sanitization of hard disk drive data. Each iteration makes two write passes over the entire drive.
- WipeOut Fast Option: The Wipeout Fast option provides a quick non-DoD method of sanitizing a drive of all previously stored data. Allows erasing data in one pass.
- Store Log and Database Information: The unit provides functions to display and store real time event information in a log and database format.
- Manage User Defined Settings: This built in feature allows authorized users to store multiple user defined unit settings.
- FORMAT FAT32: The FORMAT FAT32 Option provides the capability of performing a quick FAT32 format on multiple drives. The operation creates a non-active FAT32 primary DOS partition on the drive(s) connected.
- Serial-ATA Adapters: Single Channel and Multi-Channel S-ATA adapters are available to support sanitizing S-ATA drives. The S-ATA 9-Channel adapter coverts all ports of the WipeMASSter for S-ATA usage. The Single Channel S-ATA adapters allow mixing P-ATA and S-ATA drives.
- Notebook Adapters: ICS proprietary Notebook Adapters enables the WipeMASSter to support a variety of Notebook models that use a proprietary Notebook drive interface. Adapters available include adapters for the IBM Think-Pad, Compaq Armada, NEC Versa, Dell Latitude, and Toshiba Tecra. The ICS Standard 2.5” adapter supports all Notebook drives which do not have a proprietary interface or have been removed from their proprietary enclosures. An ICS proprietary adapter is also available for the 1.8” ATA drive interface.
- Flash Adapter: The Flash adapter was designed to support 50-pin micro-drive devices.
- AShelf Solution: This Shelf Solution provides the WipeMASSter user with an alternative method to mount nine drives to the unit. The standard tray format requires the drives to be mounted vertically, while the Shelf Solution allows the drives to be mounted in the traditional horizontal position.
- Drive Cooler Solution: Reduces the heat generated by the hard drives and maintain a comfortable operating temperature.
- Micro S-ATA 3.3V, 1.8" adapter: The Micro S-ATA 3.3V adapter can be used to convert from the standard 5V S-ATA 22-pin interface to the 3.3v Micro S-ATA 16-pin interface used by Micro S-ATA drives.
- eSATA: Supports eSATA drives with the purchase of a SATA-to-eSATA data cable
- Supply Voltage: 100 - 240V / 50 - 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 10W without drives
- Operating Temperature: 5 degrees - 55 degrees C
- Relative Humidity: 20% - 60% non-condensing
- Net Weight: 9 lbs
- Overall Dimensions: 13.3” x 12.1” x 4.4”
- Universal Auto-Switching input voltage